Agile Testing – for developers: in an agile team developers and testers test together
As a developer in an agile project, you have a special role. You will be dealing with typical agile practices like iterative development, time boxing, stand-up meetings, continuous integration, test driven development and early validation. You are developing software and you have a role in the testing activities of the team. In this one-day training you learn what it means to you.register download
brochure call me
After this training:
- You have knowledge of the Agile manifesto and Agile software development
- You have knowledge of the SCRUM methodology and understanding of the role of testing in SCRUM
- You understand key Agile testing practices (such as Test Driven Development, unit testing) and how to apply these as a developer
- You understand the changing role of the Agile developer compared to a traditional setting
Delivering quality the agile way
More and more organizations are switching from the traditional waterfall method to an agile development methodology (XP, RUP, DSDM, Scrum, etc.), often with success. Testers are expected to apply their knowledge and skills testing in an agile environment. In addition, they have to deal with typical agile practices like iterative development, time boxing, stand-up meetings, continuous integration, test driven development and early validation.
But what does this mean for the development approach? In practice, developers have to think about unit testing, need to think about the creation of unit test frameworks, and with the use and deployment of test automation tools contribute effectively to the quality of the product. The development knowledge is a good basis, but how do you apply these methods and techniques in an Agile environment? That translation requires a clear understanding of the background and objectives of Agile testing. What is actually required from the development and testing approach and the knowledge and skills of the developer?
These are the topics covered in the course Agile Testing - for developers.
Who should attend this training?
This course is designed for you if you are in practice, in any way, involved in developing software and want to get a better understanding of the applicability of your knowledge and skills in an agile context.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- developers who work or will work in agile projects;
- anyone who is already involved in agile projects and wants to increase his effectiveness;
- anyone interested in testing activities within agile projects such as testers, analysts, managers and SCRUM masters.
Prior knowledge or training required
There are no specific requirements.
Structure of this training
The course lasts one day. The emphasis is on Agile testing in practice, seen from the developer, especially in an environment where SCRUM is used as a framework. Discussions and opinion have an important place in this course.
Agile development and SCRUM
- Development methodologies
- Agile development
- The 5 most important practices
- Why testing techniques in Agile projects?
- Overview of some techniques (a.o. unit testing, Test Driven Development)
- When to apply?
The Agile developer
- The attitude and role of an Agile developer
- Creation of unit test frameworks
- Testing within an Agile organisation
Evaluatie en afsluiting
It is not the objective of this course to give the full theory behind Agile and SCRUM but the basic principles and characteristics will be introduced for participants who are not yet fully familiar with this domain. Just as ‘agile’ stands for flexibility - change is embraced - so this course will also be updated regularly in form and content and is adapted to the learning objectives. It can therefore deviate from subjects listed above.
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 - 202 1803 or email@example.com.
This training in only provided in-house. Please contact us at +31(40) - 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your trainer is Pieter Withaar
Dates and location
There are no scheduled trainings