Certified Agile Tester
Certified Agile Tester (CAT) no longer exists To our regret, the owner of the Certified Agile Tester (CAT) course decided to give the program a new interpretation in 2019. This means that the program in its current form can no longer be given after 31 December 2018. At the moment we are working hard on the development of a new certifying training that will replace the CAT training. It is expected that this training will be in Q2 2019. As soon as more details are known, we will let you know via our website and newsletter. In the past, certificates obtained for the CAT training will remain valid under the new name of the training and will also be recognized in this way.register call me
After this training:
- You know the principles of the agile approach to software development;
- You know the difference between the roles of testers in agile and non-agile projects;
- You can provide a positive contribution as agile team member focused on testing;
- You have knowledge of the problems and challenges of activities within an agile team, not directly related to testing;
- You know the soft skills required to function successfully within an agile team.
Successful testing in an agile environment
More and more organizations are switching from the traditional waterfall method to an agile development methodology (XP, RUP, DSDM, Scrum, etc.), often with success. Testers are expected to apply their knowledge and skills testing in an agile environment. In addition, they have to deal with typical agile practices like iterative development, time boxing, stand-up meetings, continuous integration, test driven development and early validation.
But what does this mean for the test approach? To what extent are practices and knowledge (TMap, ISTQB) still applicable? In practice, this knowledge is a very good base. But how do you apply these test methods and techniques in an agile environment? That translation requires developing a clear understanding of the background and objectives of agile. Which demands poses an agile environment to the test approach, the knowledge and especially the skills of the test professional?
This training is designed to let you understand the role of tester in an agile project in theory and practice. This training combines theory and the training of practical skills.
Who should attend this training?
The training is suitable for you if you are involved in software testing for a longer period of time. You want to gain a better understanding of the applicability of your skills within an agile environment.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- testers, test coordinators and test managers who work or start working in agile projects;
- people involved in agile projects who want to increase their effectiveness;
- anyone interested in testing activities within agile projects such as managers, SCRUM masters and developers.
Prior knowledge or training required
An ISTQB Certificate in Software Testing at Foundation Level or training TMap NEXT Test Engineer is recommended.
Structure of this training
The course lasts five days. The emphasis is on building your knowledge and skills to a practical application. You will practice the Scrum team approach is an important part of the course. The course is therefore designed as a sprint.
On the last day of the training iSQI conducts the examination. The exam consists of some open questions in order to test your theoretical knowledge and a practical component (web based application) to test your skills.
- Daily SCRUM
- Soft Skills Assessment
- History and terminology
- Agile manifesto
- Principles and methods
- Context of the developer
- Testing and retrospectives
- Test Driven Development
- Test automation
- Non-functional testing
Day 5 Exam day
- Practical part (web based)
- Written theory part
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 - 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 - 17.00
- Fee: € 2.195, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee €400
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com
- Bring your own laptop with wifi connectivity
Dates and location
There are no scheduled trainings