Certified Agile Tester: theory and practice of testing in an agile context
As a tester in an agile project, you have a special role. You must apply your test knowledge and skills in an agile environment. In addition, you will be dealing with typical agile practices like iterative development, time boxing, stand-up meetings, continuous integration, test driven development and early validation. This five-day, internationally recognized training teaches you all about testing in an agile context.register download
brochure call me
After this training:
- You know the principles of the agile approach to software development;
- You know the difference between the roles of testers in agile and non-agile projects;
- You can provide a positive contribution as agile team member focused on testing;
- You have knowledge of the problems and challenges of activities within an agile team, not directly related to testing;
- You know the soft skills required to function successfully within an agile team.
Successful testing in an agile environment
More and more organizations are switching from the traditional waterfall method to an agile development methodology (XP, RUP, DSDM, Scrum, etc.), often with success. Testers are expected to apply their knowledge and skills testing in an agile environment. In addition, they have to deal with typical agile practices like iterative development, time boxing, stand-up meetings, continuous integration, test driven development and early validation.
But what does this mean for the test approach? To what extent are practices and knowledge (TMap, ISTQB) still applicable? In practice, this knowledge is a very good base. But how do you apply these test methods and techniques in an agile environment? That translation requires developing a clear understanding of the background and objectives of agile. Which demands poses an agile environment to the test approach, the knowledge and especially the skills of the test professional?
This training is designed to let you understand the role of tester in an agile project in theory and practice. This training combines theory and the training of practical skills.
Who should attend this training?
The training is suitable for you if you are involved in software testing for a longer period of time. You want to gain a better understanding of the applicability of your skills within an agile environment.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- testers, test coordinators and test managers who work or start working in agile projects;
- people involved in agile projects who want to increase their effectiveness;
- anyone interested in testing activities within agile projects such as managers, SCRUM masters and developers.
Prior knowledge or training required
An ISTQB Certificate in Software Testing at Foundation Level or training TMap NEXT Test Engineer is recommended.
Structure of this training
The course lasts five days. The emphasis is on building your knowledge and skills to a practical application. You will practice the Scrum team approach is an important part of the course. The course is therefore designed as a sprint.
On the last day of the training iSQI conducts the examination. The exam consists of some open questions in order to test your theoretical knowledge and a practical component to test your skills.
- Daily SCRUM
- Soft Skills Assessment
- History and terminology
- Agile manifesto
- Principles and methods
- Context of the developer
- Testing and retrospectives
- Test Driven Development
- Test automation
- Non-functional testing
Day 5 Exam day
- Practical part
- Written theory part
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 - 202 1803 or email@example.com.
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 - 17.00
- Fee: € 2.195, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee €400
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring your own laptop with wifi connectivity