IREB Advanced Modeling: you will learn international standards, methods and techniques in the field of Requirements Modeling.register download
brochure call me
After this training:
- You can improve Requirement Engineering and Management activities within your project and organization;
- You have practical skills by applying international standards, "best practice" experiences, examples and practical exercises;Hebt u meer kennis over en ervaring met Requirements Modeling;
- You can select and apply appropriate modeling techniques from UML, SysML and Structured Analysis;
- You can clarify textual requirements and imenhance them with formal models;
- You are prepared for the official exam at the end of the third day;
- You obtain an internationally recognized certificate in Advanced Requirement Engineering.
An internationally recognized standard in Requirements Engineering and Management
The International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) is an international nonprofit organization that focuses on the further professionalization of the Requirements discipline.
Within IREB requirements engineering experts like Chris Rupp and Suzanne Robertson are member of the international board. Meanwhile IREB developed a certification program for Requirement Engineering (CPRE). The internationally recognized examinations are conducted by the International Software Quality Institute (iSQI).
The curriculum has three levels:
- Foundation Certificate
- Advanced Certificate
- Expert Certificate
This course prepares you for the exam “Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering – Advanced Level, Modeling" and meets the requirements as set down by IREB. You will learn international standards, methods and techniques in the field of Requirements Modeling.
Who should attend this training?
This training is suitable for you if you are involved in Requirements Engineering and Management wish to delve further in Elicitation and Consolidation of Requirements.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Requirement Engineers, Business Analysts, Information Analysts and Functional Designers who want to obtain the internationally recognized IREB “Certificated Professional for Requirements Engineering – Advanced Level, Elicitation and Consolidation” certification as part of their career.
- Architects, Developers, Designers and Users involved in specifying information systems or software products.
- Quality Officers and Project Managers who want to explore Requirement Engineering and Management.
Prior knowledge or training required
Candidates for the CPRE Advanced Level module examination must already have received the CPRE Foundation Level certificate.
Structure of the training
In this three-day training you will learn about Requirements Engineering from both theoretical and practical perspective. Exercises and forming opinion are an important part in this course. During the course you will practice test exams. It is recommended to prepare for the exam by studying the curriculum in the evenings.
The certification is made up of two parts and is optional. The written exam, which forms the first part takes place at a separate day after the training. The second part of the certification relates to the application of the learned material by means of a practical assignment. This is not part of the course and is conducted by an independent examiner.
Knowledge of requirement sources
- What are requirement sources?
- How can the most important resource - customers be recognized and controlled?
- How can the requirement resources can be defined and documented?
Principles of requirements modeling
- Why modeling?
- Sorts of requirements models, terminology and concepts
- What are the advantages of modeling requirements and what defines the quality of a requirements model?
- Why model the context of a system?
- Modeling context with data flow diagrams and use case diagrams.
- Other ways to model context.
Modeling an information structure
- Syntax and semantics of UML class
- Heuristics for defining classes, attributes and data types.
- Heuristics for relationss (aggregations and compositions) and generalizations.
- Practical tips for making class diagrams.
Modeling dynamic aspects
- Use case diagrams
- Structuring large numbers of use cases in packages
- Data flow and control flow modeling.
- Activity diagrams, their relationship with use cases and scenario modeling
- Hhandling complexity by decomposition of functions in data flow diagrams and activity diagrams.
- Modeling state machines with state machine diagrams
- Modeling scenario’s with UML sequence diagrams.
- Relationships between scenario’s, context modeling and use cases.
- Modeling scenario’s with context diagrams.
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 - 202 1803 or email@example.com.
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 - 17.00
- Fee: € 1.695, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee € 600
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material (a.o. the book “Requirements Engineering Fundamentals”) are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Your trainer is Piet de Roo
Dates and location
- May 21st, 22nd, June 3rd 2019, Eindhoven Sign up »