ISTQB Advanced Security Tester
Equips testers with knowledge of how to find security flaws and to determine if defenses are working correctly.register download
brochure call me
After this training, you can (a.o.):
- Plan, perform and evaluate security tests from a variety of perspectives
- Analyze a given situation and determine which security testing approaches are most likely to succeed in that situation
- Evaluate effectiveness of security mechanisms, such as firewalls and encryption
- Understand the attacker mentality so that effective defenses can be established and tested
- Know how to deal with the human risks in Information Security
- Analyze and document security test needs to be addressed by one or more tools
With the prevalence of cyber security breaches, it is clear that more testing is needed to be sure that security defenses are in place and working effectively.
This four-day accredited course prepares you for the exam "ISTQB Advanced Security Tester" and meets the requirements as set by ISTQB. You will gain detailed knowledge of security risks, vulnerabilities and defenses in order to create and perform tests that validate the effectiveness of existing and new security defenses in a given context.
Who should attend this training?
The training is aimed at people who already have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop their expertise in security testing.
This training is meant for:
- Security testers
- Software testers who wish to develop a specialty in security testing
- Security administrators who wish to learn how to test new and existing defenses
- Developers who want to learn secure coding techniques
- Managers who want to learn how security testing fits in the project lifecycle
Prior knowledge or training required
You possess the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing and have 3+ years of software testing and related experience.
Structure of this training
The training lasts four days in which you will learn all about security testing.
The exam consists of 45 multiple-choice questions and will take place on an extra day after the course. With a score of 65% or higher you get the ISTQB Advanced Security Tester Certificate.
The Basis of Security Testing
- Security Risks
- Information Security Policies
- Security Auditing
Security Testing Purposes, Goals and Strategies
- Security Testing
- Scope and Coverage
- Improving the Security Testing Practices
Security Testing Processes
- Security Test Process Definition
- Security Test Maintenance
Security Testing Throughout the Software Lifecycle
- Role of Security Testing in a Software Lifecycle
Testing Security Mechanisms
- System Hardening
- Authentication and Authorization
- Firewalls and Network Zones
- Intrusion Detection
- Malware Scanning
- Data Obfuscation
Human Factors in Security Testing
- Understanding the Attackers
- Social Engineering
Security Test Evaluation and Reporting
Security Testing Tools
- Types and Purposes
- Tool Selection
Standards and Industry Trends
- Understanding and Applying Security Testing Standards
- Industry Trends
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 - 17.00
- Fee: € 2.195, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee €250
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com
Your trainer from the USA
Randall (Randy) W. Rice is a thought-leading author, speaker and consultant in the field of software testing and software quality.
Randy has over 39 years experience building and testing mission-critical projects in a variety of environments. He has worked in the roles of software developer, system designer, project manager, QA manager, test manager, management consultant and trainer.
Randy is the chair of the ISTQB's Working Party for the Advanced Security Tester Syllabus and he is on the board of directors of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB).
Dates and location
There are no scheduled trainings