ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer
You will learn about and practice with test automation development, deployment, and improvement in accordance with the ISTQB standard and will be prepared for the exam ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Test Engineer.register download
brochure call me
After this training:
- You can contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process.
- You can evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization.
- You can create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA)
- You can design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- You can enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- You can create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
- You can manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test)systems.
This three-day accredited course prepares you for the exam "ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer" and meets the requirements as set by ISTQB. You will learn all about test automation development, deployment, and improvement.
In addition to preparation for the exam the training will offer you lots of exercises to help you build up hands-on experience. Part of the exercises will even be based on your own System Under Test.
Who should attend this training?
The training is aimed at people who already have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop their expertise in test automation.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Test Analysts
- Test coordinators
- Test Managers
- Test Consultants
Prior knowledge or training required
- You possess the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
- You have 18 months of experience in testing.
- Preferably you have some scripting/programming knowledge (or you are at least keen on learning this).
Structure of this training
The training lasts three days, spread over a number of weeks in which you will learn all about developing, deploying and improving test automation solutions. The exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions will take place on day four of the course. With a score of 65% or higher you get the ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer Certificate.
- Purpose of Test automation
- Success Factors
Preparing for Test Automation
- SUT Factors influencing Test Automation
- Tool Evaluation and Selection
- Design for Testability and Automation
The Generic Test Automation Architecture
- Introduction to gTAA
- TAA design
- TAS Development
Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
- Risk Assessment and mitigation strategies
- Test Automation Maintenance.
Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Selection of TAS Metrics
- Implementation of Measurement
- Logging of the TAS and the SUT
- Test Automation Reporting
Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Criteria for Automation
- Automation within Regression Testing
- Automation within New Feature Testing
- Automation of Confirmation Testing
Verifying the TAS
- Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- Verifying the Automated Test Suite
- Options for Improving Test Automation
- Test Automation Improvement
Application of the theory
- During this training you will apply the things you learn on a real life application!
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 - 17.00
- Fee: € 1.795,- excluding VAT, excluding examination fee €250,-
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com.
Dates and location
There are no scheduled trainings