ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
You will learn everything in the field of test management, reviews, management tools and test process improvement according to the internationally recognized ISTQB standard.register download
brochure call me
After this training:
- You can create a test project by implementing a mission, set goals and organize test processes for the organization
- You can organize risk identification and –analysis sessions and use the results for test budget, planning, management and adjustment
- You can create test plans and implement them in line with the organization's policy and testing strategies
- You can continuously monitor test activities and adjustments to achieve the project goals
- You can assess the relevance and current status of the testing and report it
- You can assess the skills of your testers for the team and participate in recruitment
- You can identify and plan what skills should be developed in a team
- You can provide a business case for testing activities, including costs and benefits
- You can ensure there is good communication between team members and other stakeholders
- You can participate in and lead testing process improvement activities
An international standard in software test management
In November 2002, the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) was founded with the objective to establish the further internationalization and harmonization of the test certification program. Meanwhile, there is a fully recognized and globally harmonized ISTQB certification scheme. The ISTQB testing certification program is divided into three levels:
- Foundation Certificate
- Advanced Certificate
- Expert Certificate
This six-day accredited course prepares you for the exam "ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate" and meets the requirements as set by ISTQB. You learn everything in the field of test management, reviews, management tools and test process.
Who should attend this training?
The training is suitable for you if you are involved in software testing for some time and want to delve further into test management.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Test Managers
- Test Coordinators
- Test Consultants
- Senior testers
Prior knowledge or training required
You possess the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing and a minimum of 18 months testing experience.
Structure of this training
The training lasts six days, spread over a number of weeks in which you will learn all about test management, reviews, management tools and test process improvement. Exercises and discussions have an important place in this course. During the course you will practice mock exams. It is advisable to study the taught curriculum in the evenings to prepare for the exam.
The exam consists of multiple-choice scenario-based questions will take place on day six of the course. With a score of 65% or higher you get the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate.
- Test phases (planning, specification, execution and closure)
- Exit, entry and acceptance criteria
- Test documentation, test policy, techniques for strategy determination
- Master test plan, detail test plan
- Test estimations (e.g. TPA), test metrics, tracking and reports
- Test management tools
- Risk management, identifying risks, risk analysis (PRISMA, FMEA), controlling the risks and checklists
Reviews and inspection
- Review principles, informal review, walk through, technical review and inspection (IEEE 1028)
- Determine review strategy
- Assemble a test team
- Test team dynamics
- Communication with stakeholders
- Incident management
- Choosing the proper test techniques and determine a test approach
Test process improvement
- The test models TPI and TMMi
- The relation to software process improvement (CMM(-I))
- Overview of the most important tools, the tool selection and implementation
- Execute assessment and create test improvement plan
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 - 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 - 17.00
- Fee: € 2.375, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee €195
- Exam training € 295
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material (a. o. the book “The Testing Practitioner”) are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com.
Dates and location
There are no scheduled trainings