ISTQB Foundation online
Improve your knowledge and skills in structured software testing at your own pace and in your own preferred schedule and prepare for the exam "Foundation Certificate in Software Testing".register download
brochure call me
After this training:
- You know the standard testing terminology
- You know test objectives and theory
- You can set up a structured test process
- You understand the costs and benefits of early testing
- You have knowledge and practical skills in static and dynamic test techniques, test management and test tools
- You can improve the testing activities within the project and the organization
- You are acquainted with practice and gaining practical skills
- You are prepared for the ISTQB exam at the end of the third day
- You can obtain an internationally recognized professional certification in the field of testing
Why an online course?
- A professional tester who cannot be easily released from work commitments?
- A highly experienced tester who doesn’t need the full three day ISTQB Foundation course?
- A contractor who cannot easily afford the time and cost required during assignments?
- Unable to easily attend a location for a public course?
Improve Quality Services, in co-operation with Plathos, is now offering the next best thing to a classroom based course – a distance learning service with tutor support available online via your web browser at a time that suits you. Using proven technology for online course delivery, the course provides you with:
- An easy to study fully annotated course covering the Foundation syllabus.
- Interactive question and answer exercises throughout the course.
- Sample and ‘mock’ exam papers marked online.
- E-mail tutor support from experienced ISTQB accredited presenters in the industry.
The online course gives the following advantages over instructor-led training:
- No time out of the office.
- Study at a time convenient to you.
- Take the exam at a time and location that suits you.
- Lower cost than corresponding classroom based course.
- Blended offering enables an education programme to be implemented more widely and efficiently.
Who should attend this training?
The training is suitable for you if you are involved in software testing for some time and want to delve further into the subject at your own pace and in your own preferred schedule.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Testers who want to study the structured testing and as part of their test career want to gain the ISTQB Foundation Certificate.
- Users, developers and administrators involved in testing information systems and software products.
- Quality officers and project managers who want to explore structured testing and defining test standards.
Prior knowledge or training required
There is no knowledge or specific training required.
Structure of this training
The process is very simple. In fact, simplicity is the key to the online training operation:
- The course is structured into 6 lessons each split into a number of sections.
- A trainer guides you through the training as if you were in a classroom training.
- At the end of each section are a number of interactive review questions to check that you have grasped the concepts covered in that section. Wrong answers are clearly explained and you may be directed to the relevant section for clarification.
- At the end of the course you can attempt the ‘mock’ exam and ISTQB sample exam papers to see how ready you are to sit the actual exam. Once again these are automated with interactive questions and answers throughout.
- If you have any queries along the way you can email your course tutor directly; experienced ISTQB accredited presenters are available to answer your testing queries.
Supporting book available
‘Foundations of Software Testing: ISTQB Certification’ is the essential guide to software testing and the ISTQB Foundation qualification. This book is an essential purchase if you want to benefit from the knowledge and experience of those involved in the writing of the ISTQB Syllabus.
The book is a practical and hands-on approach, covering the fundamental principles that every system and software tester should know. The authors are recognized test professionals and developers of the ISTQB syllabus itself, so syllabus coverage is thorough and in-depth.
The book provides:
- Sample exam questions at the end of each chapter;
- Full-length sample exam paper;
- Real-world stories and experiences from the authors;
- Worked examples and student exercises – with solutions;
- New definitions highlighted and a full glossary included;
- Extensive references and pointers to further reading.
- Fee: € 695, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee €180
- The book “Foundations of Software Testing” is available at € 59,95 (excluding VAT and postage).
- Special rates for larger groups are available upon request.
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com