Improve your knowledge and skills in the field of structured software testing based on international standards and prepare for the exam "ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing".register download
brochure call me
After this training:
- You know the standard testing terminology
- You know test objectives and theory
- You can set up a structured test process
- You understand the costs and benefits of early testing
- You have knowledge and practical skills in static and dynamic test techniques, test management and test tools
- You can improve the testing activities within the project and the organization
- You are acquainted with practice and gaining practical skills
- You are prepared for the ISTQB exam at the end of the third day
- You can obtain an internationally recognized professional certification in the field of testing
An international standard in software testing
In November 2002, the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) was founded with the objective to establish the further internationalization and harmonization of the test certification program. Meanwhile, there is a fully recognized and globally harmonized ISTQB certification scheme. The ISTQB testing certification program is divided into three levels:
- Foundation Certificate
- Advanced Certificate
- Expert Certificate
This three-day accredited course prepares you for the exam "Foundation Certificate in Software Testing" and meets the requirements as provided by ISTQB. The course covers principles and standards in testing, test management, test phases, reviews and inspections, a large number of test techniques for both white-box and black box testing and test tools. The exam will take place at the end of the third day. The Foundation Certificate is a prerequisite to participate in the "ISTQB Advanced Certificate exam".
Who should attend this training?
The training is suitable for you if you are involved in software testing for some time and want to delve further into the subject.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Testers who want to study the structured testing and as part of their test career want to gain the ISTQB Foundation Certificate.
- Users, developers and administrators involved in testing information systems and software products.
- Quality officers and project managers who want to explore structured testing and defining test standards.
Prior knowledge or training required
There is no knowledge or specific training required.
Structure of this training
In this three-day training you will learn about structured testing from both theoretical and practical perspective. Exercises and forming opinion are an important part in this course. During the course you will practice test exams. It is recommended to prepare for the exam by studying the curriculum in the evenings.
- Definitions of quality, testing, software quality and software testing.
- Standard test terminology (ISTQB)
- Risk management and test strategy
- Pitfalls, assumptions, budgets, uncertainty, time constraints and risks
- Types of test organizations
- Test planning and management
- Using project management techniques
- Configuration management and change management
- Problem management
- Testware, test products and reuse
- Test phase models (who, what, when)
- Entry and exit criteria
- The benefits of early error detection
Static and dynamic testing
- Static techniques (reviews, inspections and walkthroughs, code metrics)
- White box techniques (different types of coverages)
- Black box techniques (including equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis, decision tables and state transition testing)
- Exploratory Testing and Error Guessing
- Types of tools (CAST)
- Usability, advantages and disadvantages, costs and revenues
- Tools and reuse (regression testing)
- Data driven testing
- Implementation and maintenance
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 - 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 - 17.00
- Fee: € 1.495, excluding VAT, excluding examination fee €180
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material (a.o. the book “ISTQB Foundations of Software Testing”) are included in the training fee
- Three months free e-coaching
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com