Java for testers
Are you a tester working in a Java environment? Solid automation training is more than just teaching people to perform tricks with tools. In my courses, I will not only teach you how you can wield a specific tool or technique to achieve a predefined goal, but also why you should or should not apply it in the first place, and what situations are suitable for applying which tools and techniques.register download
brochure call me
In this course:
- You’ll learn to work with exactly those aspects of the Java language that are most useful to testers
- as well as some of the most used Java testing tools and libraries out there.
Are you a tester working in a Java environment?
Solid automation training is more than just teaching people to perform tricks with tools. In my courses, I will not only teach you how you can wield a specific tool or technique to achieve a predefined goal, but also:
- why you should or should not apply it in the first place, and
- what situations are suitable for applying which tools and techniques.
Only by also covering the why and the what, you can answer the how in a way that yields maximum value.
Do you specifically want to learn how to work with and contribute to automated tests written in Java? Then the ‘Java for testers’ course is just for you!
Who should attend this training?
This course is aimed at testing practitioners that want to learn more about writing automation code in Java, and what tools are available in the Java ecosystem to support you in that task.
Roles of participants in their organization.
This training is meant for:
- Testers that want to learn more about Java
- Testers and test developers that want to automate with Java
Prior knowledge or training required
Some previous exposure to object-oriented software development and test automation will make it easier for you to follow along.
Structure of this training
There’s no better way to learn than by doing, so you’ll be presented with a variety of hands-on (programming) exercises throughout this course.
This course covers, among other things:
- Objects, classes, constructors, methods and parameters
- Principles of object-oriented programming: inheritance, encapsulation, polymorphism and abstraction
- The IntelliJ IDE
- Java projects
- Managing dependencies with Maven
- The JUnit test framework
- Refactoring and clean coding practices
- API testing in Java with REST Assured
- End-to-end testing in Java with Selenium WebDriver
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this training in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. For further information please contact us at +31 40 - 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training information 2020
Bas Dijkstra is a test automation trainer and consultant always looking for more intelligent ways to use tools to support testing.
Dates and location
There are no scheduled trainings