Rapid Software Testing: skills and mindset for excellent testing
Development is the work of human beings, software is complex and projects evolve unpredictably. With hardly enough information available the team has to develop a product. Testing should have started yesterday. The basis for these tests will be obsolete tomorrow. Context-driven testing means that test goals, approach and documentation are based on the details of your specific situation. Skills and experience exceed the use of a standard recipe.register download
brochure call me
After this training:
- You will know that the brain of the tester is his most important tool.
- You can think and talk about testing with self-confidence.
- You will know how context influences your decisions and how both continuously change.
- You can test efficiently and with a clear mission even in case of minimal preparation.
- You can execute meaningful tests in case of incomplete or even complete lack of documentation.
- You can deal with overwhelming complexity, confusion and ambiguity.
- You can use heuristics and models to support and structure the process.
- You can report credibly at any time by telling a good story about testing.
A set of skills and a mindset for excellent software testing
Context-driven testing sees software testing as an intellectually challenging process. It learns testers to deal with true reality in IT projects: complexity, ambiguity, constant change, new information and unclear answers.
What is Rapid Software Testing?
- A context-driven testmethod based on the ideas of James Bach and Michael Bolton.
- Designed for a world with hardly enough resources, information and time.
- Aimed at understanding the status of the project by evaluating the product.
- Developing testing skills which offer you a practical added value in your daily work.
- Continuous improvement of testing by a cyclic approach.
- Learning heuristic methods and how to use them correctly to be able to test earlier.
- Testing with a sense of urgency and with attention for eliminating every form of waste.
- Continuously asking what testing can do to speed up the project as a whole.
- Simultaneously designing and executing tests, so important problems are found quickly.
Who should attend this training?
This course is suitable for you if you are passionate to become an excellent tester or test manager. This is a training for all levels. Our experience is that experienced testers, who want to become even better testers, value the training the most. An unexperienced tester gains important experience through the many practical exercises. The trainers make it the most stimulating and intellectual experience the group is able to cope with.
Roles of participants in their organization
This training is meant for:
- Test Managers
Prior knowledge or training required
There is no knowledge or specific training required.
Structure of this training
The classroom training consists of three highly interactive days in which we expect a lot from you and the other participants. The online training takes 4 days of 5,5 hours and is alike.
The trainers will make it the most stimulating and intellectual experience that the group can handle. Throughout the workout you will do many exercises. Participants should bring a laptop (no specific requirements). The virtual classroom obviously requires an internet connection.
- What is Rapid Testing?
- Testing and checking
- Testing is personal
Thinking like a tester
- Models & Heuristics
- Critical thinking
- Observation and conclusion
- Heuristic test strategy model
- Values and risks
- Diversification of the test approach
- How do you recognize a problem?
- Quality criteria and oraclesRapportage overwegingen
- Het test verhaal
- Sorts of coverage
- Ask for testability!
- What is ET and how to use?
- The dynamics of ET
Rapid Test Documentation
- Concise documentation
- Good note taking
- Smart recording sessions
Rapid Test Reporting
- Reporting considerations
- The testing story
Possibilities in-house training
Improve provides this in house and tailored to your specific situation or needs upon request. Available in English and Dutch. For further information please contact us at +31 40 - 202 1803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training information Classroom
- Location and dates: check the training calendar
- Schedule: 9.15 - 17.00
- Fee: € 1.795, excluding VAT
- Coffee, tea, lunch and training material are included in the training fee
- Information: phone +31 (0)40 – 202 1803 or e-mail email@example.com
Training information Virtual Classroom
Dates and location
- September 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th, virtual classroom, Michael Bolton (12.00-17.30 Amsterdam time) Sign up »